Products That Made Parenting Easier for Me

Hey guys 👋 

How are you all? 🥰 let me know in the comments. 

I thought I’d write this post as I figured it may help some parents/first-time parents. Some of these products I wished I had brought at the start of my pregnancy, but unfortunately I didn’t know they existed at the time. But lucky for you now I know I can share with you if you didn’t! So let’s get into it 😊 


1. Tommy Tippee perfect prep machine 


https://amzn.to/3DlvtUn


Now this machine was an absolute lifesaver for me and I am still so grateful I had it gifted to me after the birth of my son. It saved me so much time when doing night feeds or even during the day! And if your kids are anything like mine, when they want a bottle.. they want it now and don’t like to wait for it to cool down. Which still amazes me the fact this machine gets the bottles at a perfect temperature every-time and lasts for ages if you take care of it well, for instance mine is still going strong after 17 months and I still haven’t had any problems with it. 


I know there’s some conflicting reviews with it, but in all honesty mine has never failed me. There’s been some talk about blackening tubes at the back, but once again mine hasn’t had that nor people that I know. How I took/take care of mine is cleaning it regularly (every 2 weeks or so), regular de-scaling (every month or before if needed) and sticking to only the Tommy tippee branded filters meant for the machine. 

Rate 1000/10

2. Tommy Tippee steri-dry steriliser  

https://amzn.to/3DnpOxi

I didn’t have this machine with my son unfortunately but I now do with my daughter and it is amazing! Sterilizes and dries my bottles within half an hour, no fuss and no boiling water burning my hand when she wants one straight away. In my personal opinion it is one of the best sterlisers out there and is well worth the money, especially if you’re buying it now as it’s currently on deal. For my son I used the normal Tommy Tippee sterliser which is good, but I just prefer this one as it dries the bottles too. I also regularly de-scale it to maintain them both and they are both still in very good condition (My sons even now after 17 months) and my daughters i\"ll keep you guys updated on. 

Rate 10/10

3. A next to me crib 

https://amzn.to/2WQAGE2

https://amzn.to/3oJbr2c

This cribs are absolutely amazing! Especially if you’re a worrying parent like myself that has to check on their baby every five minutes to make sure they’re okay. Now a normal cot/crib/moses basket of course works just as good, but my preference has always been these. 

The first is the Chicco next to me and I use this now with my daughter. I love the fact the side not only comes down so you can reach your baby much easier but it also doesn’t go down all the way so your baby can safely sleep next to you even with the side down, not having to worry about them rolling off it. Its a brilliant feature and worked extremely well for me as I recovered from a C-section, so I don’t have to over-strain myself whilst reaching over to get her. Plus I am personally not a fan of co-sleeping due to my fear of SIDS, but I do love having my babies next to me so this truly gave me the best of both worlds and lives up to its name. I highly recommend this product to any new parents deciding on a bed for their little one. 

The second link is for the Tutti Bambini next to me. I loved the under storage and the fact the side comes down too. Although I’ve never used the feature that makes it attach to the bed, I’ve also heard its very good from a few people, so it may be worth it for some of you who would like that. The storage made it easy to keep all my nappies, wipes etc for easy access during night feeds and also so I didn’t have nappies piling up around my room. I highly recommend this product as well for its durability, it survived two children! The only reason I got a new one was due to my son breaking it after he was out of it, but then again my son breaks everything so I wouldn’t put that against this product 😂

Rate 10/10

4. Tommy Tippee anti-colic bottles 

https://amzn.to/3BoscTM

Now I know it just seems like im representing for Tommy Tippee here, but i promise im not 😂 These bottles worked wonders for my sons colic and were absolutely amazing at getting less bubbles through the teat. The problem with my children is they never burp properly so burping them is a 2 hour job for your time to be absolutely wasted, infacol is our savior at the moment with my daughter, but these bottles help the issue out a lot. 

Rate 10/10 

5. Shnuggle baby bath 

https://amzn.to/3BAiLAw

I love this baby bath and so do/did my kids. I think they liked it the most due to the back rest and they’re actually sitting. One thing I found was it really helped my son being in that seated position and helped him learn how to sit quite quickly. He also loved the fact he could play with his little duckies as he grew and splash around all whilst being at eye-level with us. But be warned, when they do learn to splash bath time turns into wash the floor time 💦🧽

Rate 9/10

6. Angelcare nappy bin 

https://amzn.to/3BpROj1

I know some people find nappy bins a waste of money considering what they are and you could just use a household bin to throw away them dirty nappies. But I found this useful and helpful during night feeds and to keep the smell at bay. The bin liners definitely hold the smell in and leave your room still smelling fresh. Also another good feature about it is how many nappies it can hold. I’m sure when my son was a newborn we only had to change it about once a week and that was with everyday use. I’d say definitely something worth buying if you can’t find one for cheap or have it gifted to you as it will get a lot of use. 

Rate 8/10

7. Joie Evalite duo tandem buggy 

https://amzn.to/3iKpqki

This buggy is absolutely brilliant when you have two kids. It may be long but it fits down everywhere so easily! Shopping isles, pavements, in between cars, you name it! It does it’s job extremely well on space-saving and its so lightweight and easy to push. Now I thought with two kids i’d be breathless like i’ve ran a marathon from a 10 minute trip down to the shops, but instead it\"s the complete opposite. Both my kids enjoy the smooth ride it gives and both of them have no complaints about it either. The storage is the best part as when it’s collapsed it stands on it’s own... just don’t do what I did and forget to put on the breaks as you’re standing it up... that did not go well at all lol. 

Rate 10/10

8. My Babiie highchair 

https://amzn.to/3oJd93q

This highchair worked brilliantly for me. I love the fact it has 6 different height adjustments, which really helped when I was standing and feeding my son, but also needed to stay standing as I was completing tasks around the house. But also the fact it was just the right height in case I wanted to take a seat whilst feeding him. Also my son has always had the habit of falling asleep in his highchair and this one with the recline-able back worked perfectly for me with this, no more having to wake him up by moving him. The tray also works well for me as it has a detachable top, so when my son decides to play his favourite game of "drench the highchair in juice" I can just lift it up and take it off no problem. Another factor I think you guys will love is once again 17 months and still going strong no matter how much its been in and out of cars, moved about, fed in etc, it\"s still standing in amazing condition after much love to it. 

Rate 100/10

9. A baby walker 

https://amzn.to/3llGoqU

The one linked above isn\"t the one I personally had as I cannot find it anymore, but it was red kite branded and I just love red kite. It was also a 2 in 1 walker but in bright, funky colours and my son loved it. I know it’s very typical for someone to say to get a baby walker as they’re seen as a necessity but the 2 in 1 feature and adjustable height settings really helped my son with his walking, and well now he\"s running everywhere. It was sort of like a mini baby workout machine, the reason me saying that is because my sons legs are built like a rugby player after a few months in it until he grew out of it and have stayed strong since. This walker helped his development go along way and I would highly recommend it or one similar to it due to that. 

Rate 9/10

10. An in-ear thermometer

https://amzn.to/3Fp7LZg

Now you may be thinking "Abbie it’s so random to be putting a thermometer on here" but hear me out, this thermometer was a god-send for me! And helped so much when knowing if my son was sick or even just to calm my anxiety. When he was first born he suffered from a random two week fever after leaving the hospital, which to this day we still don\"t know what caused it. But whilst he was suffering with that of course we took him to the doctors and found that his fever had gone a day or so before and the underarm thermometer wasn\"t taking his temperature correctly. So from then on we brought this as it is 10x more accurate and it\"s worked perfect every since, once again long durability on this product too and only ever had to change the batteries once. It also helped as we didn\"t then wake him up each time we took his temperature and throughout Covid that was a lot to keep our baby safe. So I would definitely suggest getting this or one like it if you\"re a parent that worries about heat levels like I am as it\"ll give you a better reading. 

Rate 10/10

If you guys do decide to purchase any of these products via amazon, make sure you create an amazon baby wishlist. This will give you 15% off your purchases and amazon also make it so that there\"s great deals that await you on their website. Also you can get all these products in fast time before the baby arrives by clicking the link down-below to get 30-day free trial for amazon prime. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/baby-reg?tag=mymummyblog-21

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/tryprimefree?tag=mymummyblog-21

Thank you guys for taking the time to read my list of top 10 baby products recommend by me and I hope my list helped you in your decision for what to get your babies. This list of goodies made parenting a whole lot easier and run more smoothly... or should i say as smoothly as parenting can go and as my children grow I hope to update this list with more amazing products to share with you all. 

Keep smashing it mums and dads, you’re doing great 😀

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Realities of Parenthood

Identity Theft by Pregnancy

The Anxiety of Days Out