The Things That Make Meals Easier for Me

 Hey guys 👋

How is everyone today? Let me know in the comments section, I hope your day is going brilliantly. What's more brilliant? I'm back with another list of my top 5 products to help you whilst cooking as a parent, which as we know is a very stressful task when you have little people running around. But these are the products that I use day in and day out to make my life much easier and create quick & easy. So lets get into it...

1. A slow cooker 

https://amzn.to/3Fu0dof

I cannot stress enough how much this product has helped me whilst I've had the kids going at a million miles per-hour. Now you make think slow cooking takes up a lot of your time, but in my personal experience it doesn't, only a long time too cook. My favourite part is that you can just shove your food in there and get on with your day without having to worry about it, then boom it's done and you're ready to enjoy your meal that you didn't break a sweat over. 

What I usually do is when my kids go for their nap I start the prep and place it all inside, the stuff that needs to be added later stays pre-prepared in the fridge just to be thrown in as and when. I've done stews, spag bowl, sausage casseroles, you name it and I've prepared it all with my trusty slow cooker. Another good part about it is that all that dreaded washing up is done before dinner time so your kitchen doesn't start to resemble a commercial one. 

Rate 100/10

2. A foldable kitchen strainer 

https://amzn.to/3FnGpmt

I love this product, it saves storage space and works so perfectly, never spilling anything as well due to being so deep. Which is something you need if you're like me and when you do spaghetti you cook enough to feed the entire town. I mean what else can you say about a strainer really? space-saving and efficient. 

Rate 10/10

3. Tefal ingenio pans

https://amzn.to/3oGWCgt

Admittedly these are on the pricer side, but they are 100% worth the price. The non-stick lasts for ages and it's so handy only having to use one handle. Not only do they stack together to save space but they also save space on your hob too! No more bashing handles in to each other or trying to position all your pots properly whilst you cook, now you just un-clip the handle and use the pan you need to, it makes life so much easier. They wash easily, getting all the grease and dirt of with one wash and not having to scrub until it all comes off, one swipe and it's gone! Also I love the fact that the pan will tell you when it's pre-heated enough by the red circle in the middle making itself complete. 

Rate 1000/10

4. Baby bowls 

https://amzn.to/3FtOXbe

These bowls were great when weaning my son and I still have them now. They're brilliant for portion sizes when weaning and also just very good in general as little baby bowls. He loved the colours and now uses them for his crisps etc (because I can't stand little cheesy wotsits everywhere). They're also great for when you're child gets older as well as they're lightweight and small, so easily hold-able without any spills... unless of course the spill is on purpose. 

Rate 10/10

5. Baby spoons 

https://amzn.to/3FoI6zT

What can I say really other than these spoons worked very well for my son when weaning. They're a great size for his mouth and easy to use for both me and him. He now uses them to learn how to feed himself with solid food and loves the funky colours on them. The perfect size, weight and colours for my child. 

Rate 10/10

I hope you guys enjoy my list and as I try out more gadgets, baby products & cooking products I'll update you so you can get involved too. But the best thing I love when i'm prepping and the kids are in bed is music! I find cooking so relaxing with music instead of just hectic. It's kind of like the music just sends my body into auto-pilot mode and then boom dinner is served. So if you guys are anything like me with that, click the link down-below as amazon is offering a free 30 day trial to those who sign up as first time users. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/music/unlimited?tag=mymummyblog-21 

Keep smashing it mums and dads, you're doing great 😀

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Realities of Parenthood

Identity Theft by Pregnancy

The Anxiety of Days Out